Menu

Tuesday 3 March 2020

How Literature Shaped Me



Is Literature like mirror ?

Normally most of the people give an opinion that literature is like a mirror but this image through you can understand that literature should not be like this.


Literature is like
'Roots' for me

At the end of my post-graduation, I would like to give metaphor of ROOTS to the literature. Literature is like Roots, it depends on you what you are reading and how you are thinking. Literature gives you a million characters, incidents, stories, myths, truth, lie, sense, right, wrong, views with a lot of examples so how you are reading, thinking and applying in your life, it's depend on you. You have to plant your self in a stormy situation and in a windy world to stay STRONG.


Do you know about Turmeric? 

It's one type of roots, you can smear it on the wound and you can also use it in food. Sometimes when we got injured at a time root (literature) can help you to heal your wound. You can read SELF-HELP books in critical situations to come out of that situation.


The Banyan tree is the best example to stay strong and live long. It gives shadow and joy to children to play and swing on Roots. You can also expand your branches as a Banyan tree do, so you can also convert it into roots but it can be possible with deep reading and understanding of literature. When a flood comes roots always hold the land as it is literature holds us in problems.

How literature shaped me...

I was not able to make my relationship with a calculator because a pen attracts me a lot so I transferred from Commerce to Arts faculty. That decision was the only mine, so I have faced a lot of taunting and teasing from family and friends, only a few were with beside me. I think the story was started in my childhood. When I was in the 4th standard I’ve taken the responsibility of the library in primary school, so obviously I got the extra benefits to living surrounding books. I was preferred books of Amar Chitra Katha (Indian history, characters, and myths) and adventurous stories so automatically I was developing historical sense but at that time I didn’t have any kind of idea that it will shape me.


I learned how to stay strong and live a life, I faced a lot of hurdles when I decided to change my academic strim but during the study, I come to know that my problems are nothing.

Santiago, a character of The old man and the sea, who taught me to stay strong, Waiting for Godot gives idea that, never wait for anything, be smart and keep life cycle continue.

Female figures also taught me, Lily Briscoe taught me to fight against family and keep my Art continue. Dilip Barad sir never said to take actions. He just shows negative and positive sides with examples so we have to decide what we have to do.



From My Facebook Post
એક તરફ "વેઇટિંગ ફોર ગોડોટ" ભણીને એવું લાગે કે જન્મથી મૌત સુધીની સફરમાં કેટલું અર્થહીન હોય છે.
શું કામ આ બધું ? કોની માટે આ બધું ? મારી માટે છે ? તો આ તો હું ભોગવી તો નથી શકતો. જે છે એ ખોઈ બેસવાનો ડર લાગે અને જે છે એનાથી વધુ મેળવવાની ઝંખના રોજ લાગે છે. બાળપણમાં એવું મનમાં થતું ઘરે કોઈ રોજ બધા જ છાપા નાખી જાય તો બાળ ભાસ્કર અને ઝગમગ વાંચવાની અને નવું નવું જાણવાની કેવી મજા આવે.મોટા થઈશું ત્યારે ઝાઝા બધા છાપા બાંધવાની, આંક(આકણી) અને નીબંધબુક અને વિવિધ બુક્સ લેવાની લાગણીઓ મુશળધાર વહેતી.
પણ હવે ? 🤔
કશુંક મેળવવા માટે નિરંતર ભાગતો રહું છું અને ક્યારેક મળી પણ ઘણું જાય પણ મુઠ્ઠીમાંથી રેતીની જેમ ઘણું વહી પણ જાય...

"ધ ઓલ્ડ મેન એન્ડ ધ સી" ભણીને વિચારું કે ૮૪ દિવસ શિકારમાં નિષ્ફળતા મેળવીને પણ સેંટીઆગો ફરી દરિયામાં માછલી પકડવા જઈ શકે અને દરિયામાં શાર્ક સામે ઝઝુમીને સેંટીઆગો ખવાઈ ચૂકેલા અને બચેલા માર્લીન માછલીના હાડપિંજરને લઈને આવે ત્યારે નિષ્ફળ થવા છતાં કેવો શાંતિથી ચાલીને પોતાના ઝૂપડામાં જઈને સૂઈ જાય છે. મંહેણા મારનારને પણ જવાબ આપવાની જરૂર ના પડી. બસ પોતાના કામનો અને મહેનત કર્યાનો સંતોષ એને મળી ગયો હશે.
બસ આ જ તો મુદ્દો છે સંતોષનો જે નથી મળતો...
વ્લાદિમીર અને ઇસ્ટ્રોજન રાહ માં રહે છે અને કશું મળતું નથી તો એના કરતાં સેંટીઆગો બનીને યાદો વાગોળવા, કોઈને મદદ કરવા અને શાર્ક જેવી મુશ્કેલીઓ સામે લડવાની અને ઝઝૂમવાની ત્રેવડ શું કામ ના રાખીએ ??? શું કામ ના કરીએ ?
વધુ તો શું નિષ્ફળ જઈશું ને ?
છેલ્લે વધુમાં વધુ મરી જઈશું ને ?????
પણ હારિશું તો નહિ ને...
મરતી વખતે નહિ હાર્યા ની મજા મોતને મસ્ત બનાવી દેતી હશે.


No comments:

Post a Comment